Hi, I’m Amber! I’m so glad you’re here. ALC Counseling and Therapy is my private practice in PA where I offer individual, family, and group therapy as well as licensure supervision and professional consultation and trainings.
Here’s a little bit of professional info about me:
- I graduated from Immaculata University with a BA in Psychology in 2008
- I graduated form West Chester University with an MA in Clinical Psychology in 2010
- I received my post-MA certificate in Clinical Mental Health Licensure from West Chester University in 2011
- I’ve been a Licensed Professional Counselor in PA since 2012
- I’ve been a licensure supervisor since 2013
- I’m the current secretary of PS-SAIGE (The PA Society for Sexual, Affectional, Intersex, and Gender Expansive Identities in Counseling)
- I’ve presented across the state of PA to other professional counselors and students on providing affirmative counseling and supervision to LGBTQIA+ clients since 2017
- I launched ALC Counseling and Therapy in 2021 to better serve my clients and supervisees by keeping my focus small and providing specialized services.
After years of working in community mental health and larger outpatient settings where it seemed quantity was valued over quality, I was burnt out and not feeling satisfied with the quality of therapy I was providing. So after consultation from other professionals and colleagues, and a lot of internal debate and deliberation, I was ready! And ALC Counseling and Therapy was born.
I’m keeping my practice small on purpose! I want the very best version of me to show up for every single one of my sessions. My clients deserve nothing less.